主题

1万

帖子

4万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2024-8-2 00:06:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Last edited by caddy on Aug 1, 2024 at 20:36.
Original post: [Visit Original Post](https://hostloc.com/thread-1330784-1-1.html)
Several individuals in the thread have exposed instances of ambulance services receiving kickbacks. I'm aware that ambulances exist both within hospitals and privately, as **community-based ambulances**. These private units look identical to hospital ones, complete with onboard nurses and thorough patient inquiries about medical needs like oxygen supply. They offer excellent service but come with a hefty price tag.
Critics claim I’m misinformed. Let me clarify why these community-based ambulances might be involved in kickback schemes. Typically, government funds determine the number of ambulances assigned to each hospital. During emergencies, these institutions dispatch available medical personnel. I've observed the entire process from dispatch to patient arrival. Normally, there would be no kickbacks since ambulances are government-funded but ultimately belong to individual hospitals. Hospitals, essentially businesses, prioritize transporting patients to their own facilities unless specifically requested otherwise or if they lack the necessary resources.
I believe **community-based ambulances are more likely to engage in kickback practices**. For instance, if a city requires 100 ambulances but only has funding for 70, the shortfall is covered by private entities. These community-based units then seek kickbacks from hospitals willing to pay for priority referrals.
Feel free to correct me, @zzz123:
1. My hypothesis is wrong, and it's actually hospital-affiliated ambulances engaging in kickbacks.
2. Both my theory and others’ assumptions are incorrect, with no evidence of kickbacks in either hospital or community-based ambulances.
3. Any other insights, @zzz123, especially regarding the nature of these kickbacks?
---
As someone who works in a hospital, can you clarify your role? Are you a doctor? How many years of medical education do you have? Have you published any research? What's your professional title?
Many of my acquaintances work in hospitals, but few are actual doctors. Most hold administrative positions, while one is merely a caregiver. Claims of helping with appointments are misleading, given the strict regulations around booking slots.
Even if you're a doctor, your knowledge may be limited to your specialty. Administrative staff often lack awareness of external services like community-based ambulances.
To conclude: China's vastness means diverse financial situations across provinces and cities, creating numerous opportunities for irregularities. Working in a hospital doesn't automatically make one an expert on these issues. Misrepresenting expertise is unwise.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|一元网络论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-10 09:43 , Processed in 0.090234 second(s), 19 queries .