一元网络论坛

找回密码
 立即注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友 discuz
查看: 43|回复: 0

Is the economic crisis real or just widening income gap?

[复制链接]

2万

主题

2万

帖子

6万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2024-9-14 00:24:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
The beginning of the story is when I accidentally saw a news about a delivery worker who died while he was lying on his bike. He was fifty years old and had passed away without being able to stand up again.
At that moment, my heart felt heavy. After recovering from shock, I saw another news about an Uber driver who died suddenly. Just like before, it seemed as if every day there were more and more stories about people dying in their vehicles or getting hit by cars.
I thought about my cousin who graduated last year and decided to go into the workforce after graduation. Unfortunately, he started working as a delivery driver a few days ago. This situation has left him feeling helpless and hopeless.
I remembered my recent trip to Kunshan, where I came across homeless people sleeping on the streets near the park. I found it hard to believe how these people could end up living in such conditions. However, I later learned that they were struggling with various issues including lack of job opportunities and past criminal records.
Recently, I visited Zhejiang province and walked through the bustling neighborhood of Luhua Village. The once vibrant and busy street now had many empty storefronts and signs asking for sale. It seemed like everything had vanished overnight. This change made me realize how fragile our stability had become.
A few months ago, I went to Hainan Island and met someone who had similar experiences. The girls I met were young women aged between 24-30, but most of them were only 18-19 years old. They talked about how they wanted to earn money quickly and didn't seem to care about other things in life.
The reality of the world around us is becoming increasingly harsh. We are slowly seeing the cracks forming between the rich and poor. As we continue to live in this society, it seems like everyone is being affected. Even though I have already been earning over 100,000 yuan per month, I still find myself comparing my lifestyle to others' on social media. I'm not sure whether this pressure will affect me in the future, but it's clear that we need to start thinking about how we can make a difference.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|一元网络论坛

GMT+8, 2024-9-30 01:37 , Processed in 0.081409 second(s), 19 queries .